Photo of the Day

I am a creature of habit. I thrive on routine. Everyday, without fail, I visit National Geographic's website to check out the "photo of the day." I enjoy seeing pictures of exotic places, peoples and cultures I hope to experience but may never have the chance to in my lifetime. These images, while visually stimulating, are a powerful reminder of the world that exists beyond my own.
Today's image was especially meaningful to me. The photo, according to the caption, was taken at the Roman Amphitheatre in Jordan. I have actually been to this amphitheatre! I have climbed the ancient rows of stone stairs and walked around the top gazing out on the surrounding metropolitan landscape. I remember the sights, sounds and smells of the city and I wonder, with longing, if anything has changed since my visit. Change is inevitable and yet this Roman amphitheatre has survived change for thousands of years. How many people have tread this single spot and will my feet stand where this woman does years from now? I certainly hope so. Until then, my daily dose of National Geographic will have to do.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments