Dear Mom

Today is April 30th, one day before your birthday and three months since you passed. A little less than a month ago, as I was writing you a letter I thought about this day and panic set in. How was I going to survive, not only the three month anniversary, but what should have been your 52nd birthday the very next day?! May, I have predicted and continue to believe, is going to be the month from hell. The end of every month for the rest of my life is going to suck because it will mean one more anniversary; one more reminder. Then we kick off May with your birthday and Sunday, May 11th is Mother's Day. With all these important milestones looming I decided to plan a trip.

This morning I am flying to Savannah. I am staying on Tybee Island. Why Savannah? Johnny Mercer is from Savannah. He wrote the song "Moon River," one of your favorites. In memory of you and your birthday I am going to stand on the banks of the Moon River and celebrate you. I have to go because my ride is here but I couldn't leave without telling you Happy Birthday! I hope wherever you are they still celebrate birthdays. I couldn't imagine a heaven without celebrations. If that is so, I know you will have a party unlike any I could ever give you. Here's to 52 Mom. I love you!

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments