One Small Victory

I have decided by the end of 2009 I will not only eat, but enjoy, cucumbers and red tomatoes. I have already accomplished the former and I am determined to achieve the latter.
Earlier this month, I tried a cucumber Dad and I picked from our garden and guess what?!
I didn't gag. I didn't foam at the mouth. Instead I really liked it.
Who knew this green, watery thing shaped like a hot dog could be so refreshing? I know it's silly but I am really excited about my progress. One small victory in a battle to develop a more mature pallet.
Gone are the days of gawking at platters of cucumber sandwiches, thinking hopelessly, "I wish I liked cucumbers. Those look really good."
No more passing cucumber slices to friends or relatives at dinner or picking through salads to remove tiny cucumber slices, once abhorred.
It's official! I like cucumbers!

posted under |

3 comments:

Joy said...

Good job!

I for one, have never looked at a fresh tomato and thought..hmm, that looks awesome naked. I wish I liked it by itself. I applaud you in your endeavors.

Kate said...

I didn't like tomatoes earlier in my life. I started to like them when I had them plain with just a little salt. Then I liked them when I tried them marinated in olive oil with basil. Tomatoes can definitely be an acquired taste. Good luck!

Stephanie said...

I honestly nearly died when I read this. Before you know it you'll be telling me you like all 'a' veggies.

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments