Feast Your Eyes...

on the new Trader Joe's in Lexington, Kentucky! This morning I had the opportunity to attend the Grand Opening celebration which, I am happy to report, was well attended. There was a live Bluegrass band, flower lais everywhere and complimentary product sampling too. I tried Trader Joe's Cookie Butter for the first time in my life and liked it. If I had the metabolism of Michael Phelps I probably would have purchased some.

Nonetheless, I did not leave empty handed. I purchased low fat chocolate cat cookies and a jar of almond butter flavored with sea salt. I normally go for the ginger cat cookies but discovered, while comparing the nutrition labels, the chocolate cats had less calories and fat than the ginger cats. Who knew?!

This morning was also the first time I had shopped Trader Joe's since residing in D.C. I miss my trips with Stephanie to the location in Tysons Corner, VA where I would stock up on pumpkin seed granola which is amazing with light vanilla soy milk and fresh peaches.

Although I have mixed feelings about being home, I am grateful for the opportunity to witness Lexington's commercial growth and hope Trader Joe's is here to stay.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments