Keeping a Promise

Shortly after posting my "Down With Men" blog, I received several comments about my "manifesto". That evening (Friday, December 30, 2005) Steph, Gwen, Rae and I decided to have dinner at Rosa Mexicana in Chinatown. While driving to our destination, we naturally focused our conversation on my decision to declare 2006 a date-free year.
During this exchange, I mentioned to Steph recent discoveries I had made using my zodiac reference book she gave me for Christmas.
As a Mormon, I should probably explain we are not encouraged to consult our horoscopes. Old Testament prophets, i.e. Isaiah have counseled God's followerers not to seek after "peeping wizards" or "rely on the arm of flesh." Yet, I continue to enjoy reading the daily predictions/counsel for Cancers (my astrological sign) despite the prophets' warnings. I have also been guilty of reading the horoscopes relative to my love interests, hoping to gain greater understanding of daily events in their lives. Obviously, I have had little success. :)
While thoroughly reading my new astrological guide, I learned the best matches for a female Cancer, born in 1978 (horse), are a male, Capricorn, tiger or a male, Capricorn, dog. This means, in order to secure the perfect match, I should only seek men who were born between 12/22-1/19 in 1970 or1974. Thus, my perfect match will be either 36 or 32 yrs old.
For all those wondering if I'm schizo, especially after reading my last post, please allow me to explain. Although craziness is an adjective often ascribed to members of the Elliott family, I am quite normal. "Perhaps," you deliberate, "she's posting this blog hoping a man fitting either description will come forward." No, sorry to disappoint. I am simply keeping a promise I made to Steph, Gwen and Rae while traveling to Chinatown last Friday evening for great mexican food.

posted under |

5 comments:

Rae said...

So the search begins......maybe in '07?

Stephanie said...

Danite: I understand your comment. Allow me to give you a single word that summarizes the draw of trusting books and charts ..."fun." That's it! Just plain old amusement. :) But we love your comment for it's length! Thanks for commenting.

Anonymous said...

"Down with men" sounds like a statement made by bitterness. I think if any guy heard that they would run as far away as possible thinking that the girl has "issues"

Stephanie said...

Ah! Well, it's a good thing that none of us give a flying fart what you think. Wouldn't you agree?

Anonymous said...

I didn't say you would care, I was just pointing out the obvious :-D

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments