Old Faithful?

In May I accepted a contract position working as an Architectural Historian for my enterprise. Accepting the position had several consequences; a) I would have to leave my beloved friends in Washington for three months b) I would live in Mississippi for at least three months c) I would miss Washington in the summer d) I would compromise my romantic relationship and forsake any hope of future romance with eligible bachelors. A weighty decision indeed.

I have now been in "Mississip" for over two months and there is a very good possibility I will be here for a few additional months. Although I miss my friends more than I can express, I have met some very interesting individuals on the gulf coast. Most of the people I know and interact with, are my colleagues.

Recently I was assigned to work with an archaeologist and another architectural historian on a project in southeast Mississippi. The archaeologist is my age but the other architectural historian is a recent graduate of a MA program. Working with females close to my age with similar academic and professional interests has been very liberating. We spend several hours in the car commuting to the "field." During this time many interesting conversations have occurred. Such as one we engaged in earlier this week.

AH: So, I notice you have a few tattoos.
A: Yep. I really like them.
AH: That's cool.
Me: Did it hurt? You know...
A: No. (Pointing to her latest tattoo) I really want to get this one filled.
AH: My girlfriends and I decided when we finished our thesis papers at (insert university) we would get a tattoo representing our thesis.
Me: Really?
AH: Yeah. Mine was in Yellowstone. So, I was thinking it should be Old Faithful.
A and I: Interesting.
AH: Yeah, and I think the best place would be between my legs.
A: Bursts out laughing.
Me: Aghhhhhhhhh! Aghhhhhh! Aghhhh! Did you really just say that? Did I hear you correctly? I don't think you just said that to me.
A: That was awesome.
Me: I can't believe you just said that.
AH: Laughing.
Me: I am totally blogging about this.
AH: That's fine. Blog.

posted under , |

1 comments:

Joy said...

Awesome.

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments