Baby Paisley

Tonight I received an email announcing the birth of Denisha and Rodney's baby girl, Paisley LaRue Sproul. Paisley was born on Monday, August 11th at 2:46pm. She weighed 8lbs 12 oz and as Daddy and I watched Rodney holding up baby Paisley for the family to see we both agreed she was absolutely perfect. I have never witnessed the birth of a human baby and although I wasn't present in the delivery room it was an incredible experience. Denisha was so brave and Rodney was the perfect doting husband attentive to her every need.


Although we are not related by blood I feel so close to the Marchant family. It's an affinity much like that I feel toward the Harbours and Rhonda and Larry. I have experienced so much pain this year but mixed with the pain I have also experienced a lot of joy.
The last time I flew home was to inter my Mother. I returned for the first time since her passing to celebrate new life. It was heartbreaking and beautiful and I wish with all my heart she could have been there with Daddy and I. She loved babies and I know she would have swooned over all the infants just as much as we did. She may have recounted her own experiences and I would have glowed thinking she was proud to be a mother; my mother.
Talking to Denisha or Nish before the delivery I observed that I often feel she is more mature than her older sister, Desi and myself who is one year her senior. Nish now has two babies and has been married for several years. She possesses a wisdom, Desi and I cannot share until we become mothers. I don't envy her, I celebrate her and marvel at the irony that both women, younger than I should proceed me in the life events that matter most to a woman; marriage and family.
Congratulations to the Sproul and Marchant families! Paisley is an angel and I look forward to watching her grow into a woman not unlike her grandmother, mother and aunties. Thank you for allowing me to share in such a sacred and wonderful event. I love you!



posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments