Yesterday...

I attended the temple for the first time in almost two years, with the exception of Desiree's sealing (December 2007). Arriving early, I was able to sit for some time quietly. One of the greatest blessings of the temple is the feeling of peace it brings. I have felt peace and comfort since my Mother died but I can not remember one instance within the past year that remotely compares with the experience I enjoyed yesterday.
Although I miss attending the DC temple, I am excited about living in a new temple district. I have already become acquainted with the Baton Rouge Temple President, Max Brough, and his wife. Max is also the brother of Elder Monte J. Brough who attended our ward in Lilburn, Georgia.
Although New Orleans is closer, Baton Rouge is pedestrian friendly with impressive commercial and residential architecture. I look forward to exploring the former location of the Red Stick Indians; Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

posted under |

3 comments:

Desiree said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful experience in the temple. It's an amazing place. I love you

Kate said...

Awesome that you have been able to get to the Temple after relocating. Keep up the good work and enjoy the peace the gospel brings.

lisapants said...

You've been in my thoughts and I'm so glad you had a peace-filled experience in the temple. I'm sending my hugs your way! I love you!

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments