Dear Mom

Tonight, as I was flipping through the channels, I noticed the CNN Heroes ceremony was on. I'm not sure if you knew this, I'm sure I never told you, but, Mom, you are one of my heroes. Not my one and only but definitely a hero.


I watched you devote your time and energy to care for invalids and the terminally ill with compassion and tenderness. I will never forget how you approached your patients with love and concern. I often teased that you cared more for them than for us, especially when we were sick, but honestly, as I watched you work bringing comfort to others, I could not have been more proud.

I know you hoped I would pursue a career in the medical profession but I just couldn't. I'm not as strong or as compassionate as you were. I feel so honored to have witnessed those intimate moments. Through your example, you set a standard I try to emulate in my own field. I am only sorry more people will not have the opportunity to see you in action.
You are my Mother, my friend, and forever my hero.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments