The Celestial Tree

The Celestial Tree stands in Gulfport near the railroad tracks, its branches stretching and reaching up and out enveloping space and sky. Declared a Mississippi Asset it is registered on the Mississippi and Louisiana state registers. The tree is rooted on a lot near the railroad tracks. According to the owner, on whose land it stands, the tree is about four hundred years old. It has survived the effects of physical and metaphysical forces; a relic of Mississippi's past. I found its beauty and fortitude inspiring. When I imagine the Tree of Life I picture a tree similar to The Celestial Tree; grand, majestic. These surprising discoveries bring an element of surprise to my days creating memories I will cherish long after I leave Mississippi.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments