Mug Rug

(Front)
Last night at Craft Club we made Mug Rugs. A Mug Rug is a smaller, quilted version of a place mat; large enough to place a mug and a snack on but, again, smaller than a place mat. The quilting style is a more contemporary form fashioned after Japanese paper placement. I'm not exactly sure what that means but it sounded good when I heard it. This quilting style is more flexible. You don't have to sew in straight lines or cut the fabric a certain size. Anything goes! For someone who has difficulty with both its a great alternative to traditional quilting.
I found the fabric at Hobby Lobby. They were arranged in fat stacks. I had to buy four fat stacks in order to get all the patterns I wanted, which means I have a lot of fabric left to make many more Mug Rugs. Unfortunately, I don't have a sewing machine to make them with. I think, however, I will add a sewing machine to my Christmas wish list for 2011 so I can practice making Mug Rugs whenever I wish.
If you are interested in making one for your home, tutorials are available through the internet. One that I found interesting is located http://www.ryanwalshquilts.com/2010/11/dresden-wedges-mug-rug-tutorial-bliss.html.
Happy sewing!
(Back)


posted under |

1 comments:

House of Pinheiro said...

Cute. I'm planning to make my 1st mug rug soon.

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments