Dear Mom-

Today we celebrated Mother's Day by having dinner at Mellow Mushroom with Lauren, Joshie and Jett. Did you know you have a grandson? You do. He is the cutest, smartest little man and he has captured our hearts.

At seven weeks he rolled over for the first time last night. Did I mention he is strong too? He has Joshie's chin but he's super long. His pants are big in the waste but short in the legs. I am praying he will be a UK basketball player some day. I already tease Joshie that Jett's going to be taller than him someday.

Although he has a few "friends" his favorite appears to be Worm. Worm makes several noises and, is now, shorter than Jett. He also enjoys watching the lights flash and blink on the star attached to the arch above his Baby Einstein mat.

Every time I am with him I can't help but think, "Mom should be here. Mom would love him and Jett would love Mom." You are missing out on so much. I wonder if you know?

In April I attended the Atlanta Temple Open House with Pamela McKinney Smith, your friend from high school. She contacted me on Facebook last year and we have been corresponding since. She is wonderful. I had a great time talking with her and she brought me your high school yearbook from your Senior year. I had no idea your nickname was "Dr. J." Joshie, Lauren and I had a few laughs looking at all the pictures. I wish you could have been with us.
The coolest thing, I think, about the closing, renovation and rededication of the Atlanta Temple was the temple was closed on my birthday and rededicated on your birthday. I wanted to be there so badly for the rededication but it wasn't meant to be. Instead I went to church and then to the cemetery. Since you passed I have tried celebrating your birthday in a fun and meaningful way. Last year I went to Gulf Shores where I got food poisoning. This year wasn't much better. I think from now on I just need to accept the fact that May 1 is going to suck for the rest of my life. Don't worry. I can handle it.
I just wanted to let you know this Mother's Day and every day I love you, I miss you and wish more than anything you could be with us.
Love you forever-
Sissy


posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments