Displaced Maiden

My Dad is a fan of lawn ornaments. I am not sure where this comes from but he has a few positioned at various locations around the porch. These lawn ornaments were acquired when we lived in Lilburn where they were stood around our swimming pool. Josh and I tease these ornaments are Dad's "little friends," which I'm sure Dad does not care for but goes along with anyway.

This maiden once stood in the center of a bird bath. I have to admit, I was not a huge fan of the bird bath or the "naked" lady (Josh and I realized the maiden was clothed but teased Dad she was naked anyway) that adorned our front lawn. Over time, however, I enjoyed watching the birds roll in the dirt, only to hop in the bath water to cleanse their feathers.

I'm not sure what happened to the bird bath, but the maiden is still with us. Standing on a tree stump at the base of our steps, she is a displaced maiden, stripped of purpose, sans the bath. In a moment of spontaneity I decided to photograph her. Of all the lawn ornaments, she is my favorite. I'm not sure how long she will be with us but none of us will ever forget Dad's "naked" lady in the bath.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments