DoYou Ever Wish?


Do you ever wish, on days like today, after an especially long and exhausting week, you could come home to this standing in your doorway? Yeah, I thought so.
From the time I was 6, I have adored Harrison Ford, as Dr. Jones. I don't know what it is but men in tweed blazers, oxford shirts, glasses, bow ties and khakis drive me wild. Add intellect, engaging conversation and I'm hooked.
Indiana Jones is one of the main reasons I earned a BA in Anthropology. Although most people think of Indiana as an archaeologist, I feel his character is more of a socio-cultural anthropologist, which is what I am. Either way the man and his character are fine.
My favorite scene in the entire triology is the bedroom scene between Kate Capshaw, "Willie" and Dr. Jones (Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom). Willie coyly asks Jones what kind of research he does. He answers nonchantly that he's a scientist. With further prodding from Willie, Jones finally admits as a scientist, his favorite research focuses on nocturnal behavior, especially mating rituals. I don't know why I think this dialogue is so clever but I have always enjoyed their exhange of sexual inuendo in this scene. I often wish I could have a similar encounter with a Dr. Jones or the equivalent thereof in mind, dress, behavior and physique. No such luck at BYU. All married. I've already checked out the Anthro Program at GW and there's nothing there either. Perhaps, a PhD program will yield the desired results. :)

posted under |

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very enjoyable. I am a fan of your blog. You have to check mine out. You would truly enjoy it. www.juddandjasonspeakout.com

Anonymous said...

If you really like Indiana Jones then you'd really like this guy. Maybe not for his looks of physique, but maybe his books.

http://www.grahamhancock.com/

Anonymous said...

If you really like Indiana Jones then you might like this guy. Maybe not for his looks or physique but maybe his books.

http://www.grahamhancock.com/

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments