Strangers

Yesterday was one of those days you can't easily classify. You know, it defies simple summation. It wasn't a "bad" day but it wasn't a "great" day either. It was an honest mixture of both positive and negative.
The good...
During one particularly low point yesterday I noticed an older couple sitting on some steps near my office. The woman's face was turned so all I could see was her profile. She also had long hair, which she wore down and it hung loosely across her cheek. The man although facing me failed to notice my presence until I passed because he was kissing his partner. I would like to think the intamacy was motivated by love more than lust, but who knows? Either way, I couldn't help but smile. And for that, I thank them.
I would also like to thank another stranger who kindly offered his seat to me on the metro. I was just about to give up on humanity altogether, well really just the male half, and then this stranger offers to stand so I can sit. In addition, the man was young and very attractive. All I could think as I sat there watching him was, "I know exactly how I'd like to thank you."
Then there was Manuel. Manuel is my fabulous Georgetown hairstylist. If he wasn't gay I would totally go for it. There is something about a man doing my hair that is ohhh soo satisfactory. (small moan, devilish grin) My last two visits to Manuel's have been questionable. Please don't misunderstand. I am always pleased with my hair but he's been keeping me at his salon for lengthy amounts of time.
Yesterday was different, though. After showering me with kisses he worked me right in and then didn't charge me. Granted, all I got was a bang trim but the experience really improved my feelings about our relationship.
So, to all the strangers and Manuel I encountered yesterday who saved the day from total worthlessness...THANK YOU!
**Disclaimer: Stephanie always contributes to the positive aspects of each day.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments