Thoughts

These are some thoughts I've had in recent days that I want to record before they dissipate forever.
I love the ability I have, as a woman, to hush men. Often while passing two men engaged in conversation they will cease speaking when they see me. Their conversation will not resume until after I have passed. I am not sure why this occurs but I have noticed it a lot lately. I have also observed men doing this as other women pass. Some women may perceive this behavior as immature or perverse but I don't. Most women probably don't even notice that men do it. It is something my girlfriends and I have never discussed but I have come to relish the reverence of the hush and appreciate that I can initiate it.
Friday as I was descending the Dupont South metro escalator a man passed me wearing cologne. Although I love cologne, most men I have dated did not wear it. This was probably a good thing. Cologne has this incredibly seductive power. Its a power that defies all explanation. All I know is when a man is wearing cologne, especially a scent I find appealing, I'm ready to go. Its an automatic turn on. Like heated seats in a luxury sports car. I even find it difficult to concentrate because my entire focus becomes, "how can I get closer to that?" Long after this stranger passed I was still craning my neck and breathing deeply to hold onto the smell. Sigh. If only all men had that kind of class.
Saturday I spent the day studying beneath the Library of Congress's hallowed dome. President Hinckley has said that good books are like friends. I believe that's true. Sometimes I can find comfort in a story that I can not find in a friend. I love libraries. They represent a culmination of knowledge civilization has managed to preserve and pass on. I feel so inspired every time I gaze up at the statues of history's great men. The reverence the art and architecture invoke is incredible. How can one, witnessing such mortal accomplishments, doubt man's ability to become like God?
For the past three days we have enjoyed sunny spring-like weather. Friday and Saturday, as I was walking through the City, all I could think was, "this is the perfect day to fall in love." Did I? No, but there is always the hope and for now that will suffice.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments