Dear Mom

Although I've already told you about the friends and family that traveled from near and far to pay their last respects, knowing you, I knew you wouldn't believe me unless I proved it to you. The most effective way for me to do this, I believe is through photos.
After your funeral service, which was private, everyone was invited to the Richmond Ward to eat dinner. Kristy arranged for the Relief Society to make and serve dinner. I am not sure who made the fried chicken but it was scrumptious. Joe Alexander made these cookies that Lauren loved. I can't imagine Joe cooking anything but it makes me smile just thinking about it.
Lauren wore the turquoise earrings you bought her for Christmas last year. You can see them in this photo of her and Joshie.
Mark wanted us to take photos before he left so we gathered in the Primary room beneath the words, "I am a Child of God." I thought this was very appropriate since we played that song at your funeral.
This is one of the photos we took together; The Kidds and the Elliotts. I can't believe how tall Mark is. Danny kept asking me about my blog. I gave him the name and address. I am not sure if he is reading but I hope so. He was wearing an Elliott tartan tie and seemed impressed that I recognized it as such.
Dad wore the Save the Children tie you bought for Joshie because he knows how much you like it. I wore the same suit I wore to Alisha's funeral. It's strange because it's also the suit I was wearing the day I heard about your passing.

Here's a photo of your two Sissy-Gals. Kelly has terrific hair and it looked perfect all weekend. I look like a wreck, of course, but hell, who cares? I actually can't believe I looked that put together considering the circumstances. Don't worry I have looked and felt like a mess every day since.
Bishop Christensen's wife took a photo of all of us girls on the bed but I don't have it yet. I will post that later so you can see it. Steph and Kelly look terrific. I look like someone punched me in the face; Rae looks tired and Kate looks like our spiritual leader.
Joshie and I were a little worried about ZuZu and Mary. I think they could sense something was wrong. I also don't think they enjoyed Dad's full house. Zu hid in Dad's closet. When I discovered her hiding place, I grabbed my camera. Just as I was set to take this photo she took her paw and pulled Dad's shirt sleeve closer to her face, as if she was saying, "go away and let me hide from the world." I knew exactly how she felt.
In addition to all the people who attended your service, you received some lovely flowers. These were sent by some of Dad's friends. You always claimed Dad never had friends but you were wrong. He has a lot of friends and they sincerely care about him. They knew how much your passing would affect him and they sent flowers to acknowledge that.

These are the arrangements we left with you.The large arrangement of bright pink roses are from folks at FEMA. Lauren and I picked out the wreath above it while Marketing sent the pink and white arrangement to the right of the wreath.
Flavous, June, Doris and Charles all sent flowers while Dad's family gave Joshie and I matted and framed photos of you. They were really nice and I am so grateful they were able to attend.
Before tonight I wasn't able to write about your funeral. Although I have bought "Thank You" cards I still haven't been able to write and mail them. I am just having a difficult time accepting that you are gone and nothing can bring you back to me.
Within the past three weeks I have lost you and now Dad's family is mourning Uncle Gary's sudden passing. I can't help but wonder if you already know about Gary and were waiting on him when he arrived. Either way, I hope you are both at peace and that you realize how much those you left behind miss you.
Good night Mom. I love you!
Sissy




















posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments