When will girls learn?

I was watching Brothers & Sisters tonight. For those of you who haven't seen that show, I find it hilarious. There was, of course, an affair between two of the characters (not related, it should be noted, after all this isn't HBO). The girl involved was single and, as she was leaving her job and the man in question behind, the older female character offered the advice, "Use this chance to find something all your own."

I thought it was sound advice. When it comes to men, we need to take the time to define our own relationships with them, make sure that there is a space for us and that the shape of the space fits the shape of our souls.

Trying to fit into a mold will never work. And sometimes we explore the shape of the hole and find that we'd mostly fit, that it's just about right. But, like Goldilocks, we need to move down the line until it's just right.

And that's all I have to say about that.

posted under |

1 comments:

Boo said...

I love discovering things "all my own." Unfortunately I have yet to discover a man I can claim as "all mine." Every man I seem to meet is unavailable in some way, i.e. physically, emotionally, spiritually, etc., but in time the search will end. Lord knows I hope its sooner rather than later.

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments