Mamas, Divas and Chocolate

The day before the Saints battled the Vikings in the Super Dome Meg and I drove to NOLA for a day of fabulous food and shopping. We began our day at the Canal Street mall and then headed to Magazine Street to grab some grub before hitting the boutiques.
Nachos Mamas is a personal favorite of mine. Known to me as a Park City icon, I was shocked to discover it was actually a chain restaurant with a Mamas located in NOLA. The food was just as I remembered it, fabulous! I am still dreaming about the black bean and cheese quesadilla I had two weeks ago. Yummy!
Following lunch Meg and I walked several blocks to Trashy Diva, my new favorite store. Each article is co-designed by New Orleanian Candice Gwinn, a diva with impeccable taste. Interested in checking her out? Visit http://www.trashydiva.com/site/indexNOW.html. Warning: This website is addictive. Believe me, I know! I can't stop drooling over the vintage inspired frocks and am excited to share I finally own one; a leopard print coat dress.
On our way to Trashy Diva we passed Sucre, a swank little chocolate shop recently featured on the local news for their NFL inspired cakes. In honor of the home team I snapped a photo of this impressive rendition of the Saints helmet over Easy Breesey gelato, which was heavenly. During your next trip to the Big Easy, include this local favorite. You won't regret it.



posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments