Just another reminder...

that nothing in life is free.
As many know, one of the perks of my current deployment, is I am offered a rotation every 35-45 days. My firm pays for airfare to Washington, because according to my records, that is my home. For this rotation I decided to stay at the Marriott Courtyard in Dunn Loring, adjacent to the condo I lived in my last year of graduate school.
The rooms are lovely but the mattress is so hard! I think I slept two-hours last night. It's fine, I'm not complaining. I rarely rest well in hotels.
This morning, when I finally willed myself to the lobby for complimentary breakfast, I have to admit, I was having difficulty seeing and thinking. This is the result of caffeine deficiency in my veins. Steph, Rae, Kate, just about everyone whose been around me in the A.M. is familiar with this phenomenon.
Anyway, I'm perusing the breakfast bar thinking life is good when I'm greeted by this perky hostess who invites me to have a seat. Life is getting better. The Universe is compensating me for enduring a horrible night and not complaining about it.
I sit down to a bagel, yogurt, Diet Coke and omelet, thinking, "This is the best darn breakfast bar I've ever had! I'm staying here again, no doubt about it," until perky hostess brings me the bill for $13.50. Yep. That's right! Are you shaking your heads in disbelief because that is exactly what I did.
I have never stayed at a hotel that didn't offer complimentary breakfast! But according to perky hostess this Marriott does not. Naturally, perky hostess pissed Amber off and got a concise lecture on the importance of communication and was informed this guest (that's me) would not be taking advantage of their "CONTINENTAL not COMPLIMENTARY" breakfast tomorrow morning.
So, let this be a warning to all you considering staying at the MARRIOTT COURTYARD in DUNN Loring, VA. If you are interested in a COMPLIMENTARY breakfast sans the perky hostess, this is not the hotel for you.

posted under |

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Argh!! I'm sorry for the mix-up! I shan't stay there. That was the sound of my foot falling firmly. Have fun w/ Manuel today! xoxo

Kate said...

Um, having worked in a Courtyard Marriott for a year and a half in the 90's, I can tell you that no Courtyard has a complimentary breakfast. It's not just Dunn Loring.

Boo said...

Kate you are hilarious. I will discuss any future hotel reservations with you before booking.
Steph thanks for supporting me,as always.

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments