My Current Read

After finishing Eat, Pray, Love I decided to try Rhoda Janzen's Mennonite in a Little Black Dress. Reading Janzen's memoir is like catching up with an old friend whom you haven't heard from in awhile. The conversation, although one-sided, still seems familiar and intimate. Although I was not raised in a Mennonite family, as a Mormon, I feel like I can relate to Janzen in unique and meaningful ways.
Entertainment Weekly's says it better than I can, "A hilarious collection of musings on Janzen's childhood, marriage, and eccentric family...Janzen mines Mennonite culture for comic effect, but she does so with love."
If you are searching for a memorable summer read, look no further than Mennonite in a Little Black Dress. You won't regret it.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments