Turning Thirty-Two

After work Thursday, I had a wonderful dinner at Houston's. Even more enjoyable was the yummy brownie I had afterward. Imagine a soft, warm brownie sprinkled with cashews, walnuts and pecans, then topped with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream. Is your mouth watering? Mine is.
From Houston's I drove directly to Oak Alley to enjoy an evening in Cabin #3. A lovely historic side- gable cabin with clapboard siding, 6/6 wood double-hung windows and a brick pier foundation that was so cozy. I loved it and wish I could have spent more time there. It had an amazing garden tub with these jets that made you feel a little closer to heaven. I would spend another night there in a heartbeat but in the Spring or Fall. The humidity in the summer is brutal. How I managed to forget that about southern Louisiana is beyond me.

There are fourteen oaks that line the allee from Oak Alley to the Mississippi River. Historically, the levee seen in the distance was not present and the second story balcony provided an amazing view of the river and boats that navigated its waters.

Oak Alley. Need I say more?
Spending my thirty-second birthday on the grounds of such a lovely home was dreamy. I hope my thirty-second year brings many more visits to beautiful historic homes like Oak Alley.




posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments