One Week From Today...

is the 136th annual Kentucky Derby. Just in case you were wondering, twenty-one horses will be contending in this year's Run for the Roses. They are:
Awesome Act (15-1)
Tempted to Tapit (15-1)
Caracortado (12-1)
Dave in Dixie (15-1)
Sidney's Candy (9-1)
Noble's Promise (20-1)
Dublin (12-1)
Eskendereya (5-1)
Discreetly Mine (15-1)
Aikenite (30-1)
Ron the Greek (20-1)
American Lion (20-1)
Jackson Bend (15-1)
Super Saver (12-1)
Rule (12-1)
Conveyance (14-1)
Lookin' At Lucky (5-1)
Setsuko (25-1)
Odysseus (15-1)
Ineractif (20-1)
Ice Box (15-1)
Although I haven't finished researching each horse, if I were going by names alone I would put my money on those in purple. Eskendereya and Caracortado just sound like Derby-winning names. As for considering the odds. Well...that's the beauty of the Derby; anything's possible.
Although I won't be in Kentucky I will be watching all the pre-Derby coverage which will air on NBC beginning at 5PM EST. Rascal Flatts will be singing the National Anthem, so Rae Rae may want to tune in. Post-time is scheduled for 6:15PM EST.
Derby pie, great company, listening to My Old Kentucky Home play as the horses parade across the field...All I can say is seven days, seven hours and nineteen minutes can't pass quickly enough. I know where I will be on Derby day...how about you?

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments