Dear Mom

Today I learned the Atlanta Temple, which has been closed for the past two years for renovations, is scheduled to be rededicated on your birthday! I only wish you were still here to share it with me. I think of the Atlanta Temple as "our" temple because of the work we did there together. The memory of that day I will cherish forever. I only wish we could have attended the temple more often together.
Today also marks the third year since your passing. I can't believe its only been three years. It seems like an eternity since I last saw you. In addition, so much has happened since I last wrote. Joshie and Lauren are expecting a baby! And guess what? It's a boy! They plan to name him after Grandpa Kidd and Uncle Clyde so his name will be Jett Edward Kidd. That means he will have your initials JEK. I hope you appreciate that.
You should see the nursery. Its perfect! Josh and Lauren decided on the Beatles Yellow Submarine as the theme. A huge yellow submarine floats on the wall above the crib, while Bonkers with green apples perched atop their heads hide in the corner. I absolutely love it and am very proud of them for being creative for and loving parents to a baby they have yet to meet. Needless to say, we are all very excited about the new addition to our little family and we all wish you were here to enjoy him too. My biggest regret is that baby Jett will never know his Grandma Kidd although Lauren and Josh have your photo hanging in the nursery. Its a lovely black and white one of you and Josh. I think you would like that.
Baby Jett is due to arrive on March 12th. It will be interesting to see if he comes early, on time, or a little late. I am hoping he arrives a little early so I can swing a rotation to see him but we'll see.
Another bit of news that I haven't shared with you, through letter, is the arrivals of Little Bit and Neville. Little Bit is a stray kitten Josh and Lauren rescued. They brought her to the Cat Farm and she's been a companion to Mary and Zu ever since. She may be little but she is all heart and she LOVES Mary and Zu. Her playfulness is a breath of fresh air and I know you would absolutely adore her.
Neville is a Bassett Hound whom we all love. He smells terrible but is so well behaved. His absolute joy in life is to be rubbed on his belly. He also enjoys wizzing on everything. Taking walks with Neville is a breeze because he stops every five minutes to urinate on something. Despite the body odor and his relentless urge to piss I feel lucky to have him at the farm and look forward to seeing him again.
Speaking of the farm...it seems I will be spending more time there than I anticipated this summer. My time in Biloxi is coming to a close. I knew it was a possibility but didn't anticipate it would happen this early in the year. I have no idea what I will do regarding future employment but hope when this door closes God will open either another door or at least a window. We'll see. If nothing else, having time off will afford me plenty of opportunities to spend time with the baby and help Dad out on the farm. Dad has plans to plant a big garden this year and it will be nice to help him with that. In addition, I can manage the "livestock" (Dad reference for Neville and the cats) and work on my tan.
There are so many more things to share. I would like to think, however, that you already know about them because you are still actively involved in my life. I don't know if I imagine it but sometimes I think I feel you near. Its not great but it beats the complete aloneness I felt before. I hope with time that sense of closeness increases.
Today and every day you are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray wherever you are, you feel peace and more love than we were capable of showing you. I love you Mammy and miss you more than I can say. I can't wait to see you again but until that day I am going to LIVE. No more moping and doping around my apartment. You didn't bring me into this world to waste my life. You brought me here so I could live and grow and progress according to Heavenly Father's plan so when my time on earth is through I will have no regrets. That is my goal. I want to take full advantage of the life you gave me to live. I have a long way to go and a lot more to accomplish but I hope wherever you are I am and will continue to make you proud.
Love you forever-
Sissy

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments