Something New

As Steph has already mentioned, we rang in V-Day '06 with "Something New." This was even more applicable because last night I closed a deal on a condo. I didn't purchase but will be renting for the next year or so. Although I love the space and my new landlord, it will require me to make some changes. Right now I live just off Dupont Circle and enjoy the historic homes that line the street. Its so amazing how close everything is in DC. I walk to work daily and every type of necessary service is within a 5 min walk. In addition, I live on the 10th floor of my building (which is also the top floor) and have an amazing view of the Washington Monument. It is literally dead center of my picture window.
Needless to say, living across from the Dunn Loring metro station will not provide me breathtaking views of DC but I will be 5 mins from Stephanie's and instead of existing in a studio I will be living in a one bedroom condo with a washer and dryer.
The property is located in a new development meaning all the ammenities, i.e., pool, exercise room, basketball court, media and business centers are new. Without a tv for over a year, it will be so nice to have an area with six flat screen tv's where I can watch CNN, 48 hours, or whatever, whenever I choose.
Now all I have to do is find the appropriate furnishings, which should be enjoyable. I am so lucky to have a friend like Steph, to help out with that. She was with me when I signed my first DC lease and was by my side last night when I closed. I don't think I could find a better friend anywhere.
Plans are already on the table for a house warming party so stay tuned.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments