February: The Christmas for Lovers

During church I had a conversation with three other single women about the upcoming holiday. Valentine's Day, I expressed to these women, is the "Christmas for couples"
Allow me to explain. Women plan for Valentine's Day way in advance, much like they do for Christmas. Men, on the other hand, wait until the last possible minute to purchase cards, candy, jewlery, etc. Each of us had been in a candy, card or flower shop on the fourteenth and had noticed the same trend.
One of my favorite things to do when I meet a married man or woman is ask, "how did you meet your spouse?" Their stories always inspire me with hope that MY story will be just as romantic if not more so.
Although I am facing another Valentine's Day alone, I have hope that each year brings me closer to a time when I can look forward to the holiday because I am sharing it with someone I love.
Happy February!


posted under |

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love this! It's so perfect for today. I love you.

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments