Oh, Alanis.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Actually, that would take far too long. So, instead, I'm just going to post an awesome vid and talk about Valentine's Day.

For me, this Valentine's Day and last are the perfect examples of how my life changed. Last V-Day I spent with a ton of friends at a great restaurant ignoring the fact that the man I adored didn't mark that day with me. That's ok. We weren't really dating at the time. I understood. And I had my friends to entertain me. We had a great night and I, honestly, thought we'd probably be doing it again this year.

Instead, I'm going to spend the evening watching Bill Cosby be Himself with some fantastic dinner I make for me. Quite different? Yes. It's true. I am quite the loner now. Montana is providing me all kinds of time to get to know things about me that I hadn't previously discovered or had forgotten. One of those things is that I'm a homebody at heart. I've also learned that I'm stronger than I give myself credit for. And that, while my friends drive me to be better, at the end of the day I'm left a lone woman who's in charge of her own direction. So, tonight as I was avoiding sleep I found this video again and thought, "You know, I really am good."

Thanks, Alanis.



That I Would Be Good lyrics

that I would be good even if I did nothing
that I would be good even if I got the thumbs down
that I would be good if I got and stayed sick
that I would be good even if I gained ten pounds

that I would be fine even if I went bankrupt
that I would be good if I lost my hair and my youth
that I would be great if I was no longer queen
that I would be grand if I was not all knowing

that I would be loved even when I numb myself
that I would be good even when I am overwhelmed
that I would be loved even when I was fuming
that I would be good even if I was clingy

that I would be good even if I lost sanity
that I would be good
whether with or without you

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments