Cherie's Christmas Cookie Party

On Sunday evening Kate, Perry and I attended Cherie's Christmas cookie party at her place in Reston. Although she has been hosting this party for three years this was the first year I had received a personal invitation. I was thrilled and had a terrific time getting to know new people and spending the evening with good friends. Cherie has a lovely apartment and her Christmas tree, pictured in the photo above, was the perfect backdrop for the party.
These lovely ladies are Sharon, hope I spelled that right, and Cherie, our hostess. Cherie provided cookies, hot chocolate and milk. After the majority of her guests arrived we began singing Christmas carols. I was introduced to songs I have never heard of before like "What Do You Get a Wookie for Christmas?" "Will Santy Visit Shanty Town?" and "The Little Boy Santa Forgot." Do not listen to the lyrics of the latter. They are horribly depressing and not meant for those intent on having a "merry" Christmas.

Early in the evening I was introduced to Sharon's brother, J. Nielsen. Preferring his last name I dubbed him Nielsen for the evening. Although he didn't admit it, I think he rather enjoyed my teasing and taunting.

This photo was taken after we finished singing carols. As you can see, Cherie had a full house.
I had such a nice time I hope I am invited to attend next year, should I be living in Washington. If not, I will always have fond memories of Cherie's Christmas cookie party and discovering Christmas classics about Wookies and Santa's occassional memory loss.




posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments