Belated Flashback Friday 2008

The day after Christmas, my brother, father and I packed up Joshie's Infiniti and traveled to Beckley, West Virginia to visit my Grandma Kidd. My grandmother, until last Saturday, had been in the hospital, battling pneumonia. As an eighty-one year old diabetic, pneumonia can be fatal. There were several instances my father thought Grandma's days were numbered. Unable to visit her during the Thanksgiving holiday, I was anxious to make the trip to Grandma's as soon as possible.
One of the things I love most about Grandma's house is all the pictures she has of her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and other family members. Her bookshelves are teeming with photo albums, which are overflowing with photos. During my last visit, I rescued a few of these photos from a possible future of neglect. These will be used for future Flashbacks.
The photos posted here were taken in Ogden, UT before Joshie was born. I love the annoyed look on my face in the first photo (notice who's holding me) in contrast to the calm, peaceful countenance I portray in the second photo. I also really dig my Mom's red ski vest and wish we still had that around for me to wear.
Although I don't enjoy spending time in the snow as an adult, perhaps that wasn't always the case. I obviously spent at least one moment or two, evidenced in these photos, among snow without crying out in protest, "I hate snow. I am so cold. I am going to die!"
With my recent snow storm survival in Utah, I decided these were the perfect photos to kick-off 2008 Flashback Fridays.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments