Desiree's Big Day

The morning of Desiree's sealing we rose bright and early. We were happy to hear the canyons, which had been closed the night before due to snow, were open and Desiree's family members in northern Utah were able to make the trip to Salt Lake. Although I don't like snow, I did appreciate how magical everything looked. It was like a winter wonderland; perfect for Desiree's wedding photos.
Following the ceremony I took a few moments and walked through the North Visitor's Center on Temple Square. I served as a missionary guide on Temple Square for thirteen months; the other five months were devoted to proselyting in Sacramento, California. It is hard to believe I have been home almost seven years. Despite the passage of time and all the things that have changed, one thing remains constant and that is the overwhelming spirit of peace and gratitude I feel when I am there. I am still amazed I was called to serve in such a special, sacred place amoung so many brillant people.
I have seen the Salt Lake Temple at every hour and in various weather. I was grateful that it looked just as beautiful as I remembered standing admist the snow.
The photo above was taken from the Rotunda room of the North Visitors Center, where I spent many hours as a missionary. Just shy of the room's center stands the Christus statue. As guides we bring our guests to this room just before concluding our tours. Here we play a brief narration for the visitors. This narration can be played in over fifty languages and I believe I have heard it, at least once, in every language available. Whether it is played in Cantonese, Spanish, Japanese, Russian or French the message is powerful indeed and speaks to men everywhere. I was pleased to discover that I still remember the narration almost word for word.

Standing directly across the Square on North Temple Street is the Conference Center. This beautiful building was undergoing construction when my mission began. It was during our "last supper" as missionaries that our President announced Temple Square Sisters would be giving tours of the Center.
After my mission I would often attend events in the Conference Center and other buildings on Temple Square so I could visit the Sisters I had left behind.

While I was in Utah I was able to meet a guy I have been writing casually for a few months. Ladies, Jason is quite the catch. He is single, thirty-one, I believe, and served his mission in Italy. He loves animals and the outdoors. He also loves to cook Italian food. If I lived in Utah I would definitely have him over for dinner. If any of you are interested I would be happy to set you up. He is totally chill and very sweet. When I met him I looked like an absolute train wreck and he didn't seem to mind at all. I barely knew him and I was crying the entire time we were together. OK. Maybe not the entire time but most men I know would have made an excuse for a quick exit, but not Jason. If you are on Linkup you can find him under Pete.

Jason even hung around while we took photos in freezing temps. Yes, I am a total baby when it comes to cold weather but give me a break. I'm from the South. Peaches die in freezing weather! However, I managed to weather two photos before retreating to the warmth of the Temple lobby. I like this photo even if my hair is in a pony tail and looks anything but glamorous.


Christi, Desiree's wedding photographer, managed to get a few photos to the bride before her trip to Hawaii. Although I like most of them this was one of my favorites. I think it should be titled, "And They Lived Happily Ever After," because I am sure they will.






posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments