Out With the Old...

and in with the new! Last night I concluded 2007 by having dinner with Kate, Rae and Richard at Coastal Flats. I love trying new places, especially when they are not chains, and since I had not been to Coastal Flats, which actually is a chain, Rae suggested we eat there.
The food was tasty, the wait staff very kind and our hostess gave us leis, which made us feel tropical and festive.
Following dinner we caught a showing of National Treasure II, which I loved! I love living in Washington and hope this will be the year I can relocate to DC. I enjoy living in Virginia but it doesn't compare to living within walking distance of the monuments not to mention being surrounded by incredible architecture.

Following the movie we killed time at Silver Diner where we listened to Three Dog Night and Stevie Wonder croon about loving exotic women. I wish I looked more exotic.

When we arrived at Brian and Reed's to watch the ball drop, they invited us to create a watercolor of our favorite memory from 2007. Graduating from GW was the biggest highlight of 2007, for moi, so I created the painting above. It did not win the contest. Obviously the significance of completing a masters program was totally lost on the judges who chose Darin's depiction of who knows what? I love you Darin.
The first photo of 2008. I snapped this after the ball dropped.

Bronwyn, Darin, myself and Brian in front of the Christmas tree we decorated earlier in the month. Although I wanted to enjoy a cozy dinner at a nice restaurant followed by an event requiring semi-formal attire, I feel fortunate I had friends to ring in 2008 with. Happy New Year!




posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments