Day Two of My Utah Vacation

The second day of my Utah Vacation was devoted to finalizing plans and making last-minute purchases for the reception. I gladly followed Desiree to one mall, where we began the seemingly endless search for the perfect top to match the cute champagne skirt she bought that morning. After a frustrating attempt at Dillard's we picked Christy up at Grandma Bitter's house where Jenny also fixed us lunch. Grandma Bitter introduced us to Fruit Loop straws, which reminded me of my own Grandma Kidd.
My mother strictly forbade sugared cereal in our home. The only time Joshie and I were treated to sugared cereal was during our visits to Grandma's. I loved Fruit Loops while Joshie always requested Boo Berry. The first thing we would do, after "hugging everyones' necks," was check the kitchen cabinets to see if Grandma had remembered. Fruit loop straws are tasty but not quite as yummy as Fruit Loop cereal.
After we finished shopping we returned to Grandma Bitter's for dinner. While we were waiting for dinner to finish Desiree and I found this album by Donny and Marie Osmond titled "Goin' Coconuts." We couldn't resist. We had to get a photo.
After dinner we drove at a snail's pace to Chuck's parents' home for Desiree's bridal shower. Luckily everyone made it safely, including Chuck, who was stuck on I-15 for over two hours, as he rushed down to see Desiree. It never ceases to amaze me what men will do for the women they love. I am so thankful my darling friend found someone like Chuck, who is willing to drive through snow and ice to see his woman.
Not only did we receive free back massages from Chuck's sister, a certified massuesse, we had our toes and finger nails painted by a nail artist. She had so many styles to choose from Denisha and I had a difficult time deciding what symbol or pattern to choose. Lucky for me, Emma offered to assist me. She is pictured in this photo between Denisha and I.

Although everyone's toes and nails looked fantastic, Denisha's were the most impressive. Giving the nail artist a piece of wrapping paper she requested a chandlier for her big toes. I sat mesmerized as I watched the artist paint the chandlier, without practicing previously, onto Denisha's toes flawlessly.

Just as we were wrapping up the party Chuck arrived. Desiree was all excitement and quickly abandoned us to spend time with him. As this photo demonstrates getting married can be stressful and even exhausting. This is one reason why Amber will elope.

After Chuck and Desiree kissed on each other and repeatedly asked, "can you believe we're getting married tomorrow?" Desiree, Denisha and I ran to Target for a few last minute items. This photo was taken as Target personnel were announcing the store was closed for the evening. It's amazing to me how cute Desiree looks even when she's frazzled. I can't believe how photogenic she is. If only...





posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments