Cheveux Royale

One of my favorite movies is Steel Magnolias. My freshman year of high school I was cast in the play as M'lynn. Although I wasn't thrilled of being cast as the "mom," preferring the characters of Truvy or Annelle, I did enjoy learning the script which is filled with classic one-liners that continue to solicit laughs from me even though I have heard them hundreds of times. The prevailing themes of family, close friendships, love and surviving grief fill those experiencing the hardships associated with loosing a loved one with hope and strength.
In college I conducted a study on beauty shops. I discovered people tend to trust their hair stylists more than their church leaders, family members, trusted friends, etc. It makes sense when you think about it. People tell their hair stylists everything.
My Grandma Kidd and my Great-Grandma Elliott loved getting their hair done. Every Saturday my Grandma Kidd would have her hair rolled and picked for the week. I love getting my hair done too.
My first Halloween in Biloxi, Amanda and I decided to attend a costume ball in Ocean Springs. I thought it would be fun to have my hair done for the event. Searching the internet I found a place I thought would be interesting to try. Thus, my introduction to Her Majesty's. I loved it! It was like stepping into Truvy's shop but in twenty-first century Biloxi.
I had such a great time I decided to return to have my hair done for a Mardi Gras costume ball I attended a few weeks ago. Sarah did a wonderful job. She's young, smart and very talented. I wish I had the time and money to retain her as my personal stylist. If you are looking for someone to style your hair in the Biloxi area, Sarah would be an excellent choice for anyone. If you go enjoy it. I do.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

    In Loving Memory

    In Loving Memory

Our Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Steph&Boo. Make your own badge here.

About Us

Blog Archive

About Me


Recent Comments